Tuesday, March 14, 2006

five weeks

I ate the most amazing japanese food ever on Friday. I've always loved waitresses at japanese restaurants because they thank you for everything. "I'll have a tap water" "ok, tap water, thank you!" and then they bow and walk away. I mean, you just can't leave that place in a bad mood. I can't decide if being in the service industry here would be amazing or horrible, or probably most likely, a combination of the two. First of all, you get no tips. So honestly, what's the point? Although that leads to the complete lack of service and good moods in restaurants/pubs/stores/everything here. Today I walked into a furniture store on an errand for my boss and in the window was a sign for a sales associate needed. I walked in and found a completely empty store except for three sales associates sitting around the front desk drinking tea. Not a single one of them said anything to me. They barely looked up from their conversation. I mean really, it has to be kind of great. No smiles. No fake small talk. The customer is never right, because really the customer is barely even a person.
Ross and I bought tickets to Spain. The big adventure begins 19 April. London to Seville for only 20 pounds. Amazing.

No comments: